Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week Two in Germany

Hello everyone,
This is our second week and we were in the city of Jihlava Czech Republoic, We were here to train the Pages who are the humanitarian couple in Czech. They are the 1st humanitarian couple in Czech so in their own way they are pioneers. The Picture is of the Pages, behind them are the Coltons whom we are replacing, mom, and the full time elders in the city. Our week of training was cut short because the Pages learned everything very fast, and had a zone conference to attend on Friday. So we drove home on Friday afternoon, which only take about 6 1/2 hrs. This enabled Elder Colton and me to go into the office and do some of the paper work that is ever present. This calling is all done with computers, which is a huge learning curve for. Mom is much more computer literate than me, so she is doing better and assimulating faster than me. But slowly I am learning (old but still able to learn).

Elder Colton doing the training, the Pages absorbing, me working at it

Elder Page and I in the city square of Jihlava. This town was established in about 1200 AD. As the residence were digging basments they discovered Silver, and the city quickly became the economic center of Czech. There are 25 Kilometers of tunnels from the mining days under this city

This is a typical street in the city of Prague ( the Czech spell it Praha) How we get Prague out of this I don't know. There was only minimal destruction of the city in WWII, so it still possesses it's old world charm. This picture was taken about 9:30 PM
Our first 4 days in Germany were spent being introduced to the many computer responsibilites we now have, which totally overwhelmed me. I am just now beginning to get a feel for some of the programs, which is encouraging. Susan keeps telling me and she is right that I must allow myself time to learn these programs. In 23 months my computer skills will improve exponentially. We still do not have a permanent place to stay, we are in an apt. but it is only temporary until the end of the month when our apt. is supposed to be ready for us to move in. That will help us feel more settled. And hopefully I will keep seeing my skills improve.
It is nice to be back in Germany, we have enjoyed some nice walks and have only been rained on a few times. Because of the frequent rains everything here is green,beautiful and clean.
We'll continue with blogging later this week. We love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment